Westvale is situated on the top of the Great Dividing Range on the southern end of the Northern Tablelands approximately 50kms south of Armidale.
Rainfall is approximately 800ml/p.a and the watershed runs into the Macleay, Namoi and Gwyder systems. Westvale, settled in 1908 by the Blanch family, takes in over 3000 acres of slightly undulating fine granite country.
Winters are cold (snowy and frosty) with generally good moisture. Summers are hot. Generally dry in February, March but mostly a good all round season. Two thirds of Westvale has been supered for over 50 years, the balance annually over the past 20 years.
Approximately 2/3 of the country has been sown to improved pastures of Clovers, Rye, Phalaris, Fescues and Cocksfoot.
Approximately 6000 merino sheep and 150 Charolais cows with their progeny are pastured.
Leo & Judy Blanch: 334 Westvale Road.